Sql Backup And FTP

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Error on Backup - Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1' Options · View
RichardP
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:46:39 AM

Groups: Registered

I've been using MySQLBackup successfully with a MySQL 5.1 32-bit server for a while now. I recently installed a new MySQL 5.6.6 64-bit Server and installed MySQLBackup 1.4.7 to work with it (running on 2008 R2 Server)

When I try to run backup jobs I get the following error:

DETAILED LOG:
22/08/2012 07:00:06 Creating backup of xxx to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\
22/08/2012 07:00:08 ERROR: Backup of xxx failed: mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1' at line 1 (1064)
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1' at line 1 (1064)

Any ideas? Is this an issue with the new MySQL version? The DB seems to run fine otherwise.

When I run with the copy of mysqldump that ships with the server (v10.13 Distrib 5.6.6-m9 for Win64), it runs OK aside from returning a warning about using password via commandline (a recent change according to research). The dumped file looks valid.

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysqldump -uxxx -pxxx xxx > c:\temp\test.dmp
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

If i replace the mysqldump-5.exe in the MySQLBackupFTP program folder with the mysqldump shipped with the server, MySQLBackupFTP exits at the same point with:
ERROR: Backup of xxx failed: Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
AlexP
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:03:41 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi,

Please try to use mysqldump file of your version MySQL. You can copy an original mysqldump.exe file into the application's folder with "mysqldump-<major>_<minor>.exe" name. Where <major> and <minor> are major and minor version number of MySQL server.
RichardP
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:44:37 AM

I have carried out those instructions and renamed the mysqldump.exe that shipped with the server to mysqldump-5_6.exe.

As with the previous renaming attempt, this fails with the insecure password error.

DETAILED LOG:
23/08/2012 07:00:02 Creating backup of xxx to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\
23/08/2012 07:00:03 ERROR: Backup of xxx failed: Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
AlexP
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:31:01 PM

Acknowledged. We are going to fix this issue very soon.
Thank you for the reporting.
AlexP
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:54:38 PM

The issue is fixed in the last release 1.4.10. Please upgrade MySQLBackupAndFTP software and try to run the job again.
RichardP
#6 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 2:29:15 AM

That update has resolved the issue, thank you.